- Enquiry- We will send you an email regarding dates/prices and what is required for virtual training.
- For you to make a provisional or confirmed booking with us we need name of delegate/s, preferred email address/s, Course name and course code, date chosen to attend.
- As soon as a method of payment is made, your space is confirmed. A ‘confirmed booking’ email will be sent to the email address that was provided when placing your booking.
- If the course you are attending requires pre-coursework all is sent directly to you approximately 2-3 weeks before the courses commenced date.
- All information regarding on how to access the virtual course is sent 24 hrs prior to the course starting.
Virtual Learning/Virtual Classroom
(online training- Instructor-led) Virtual Learning & Virtual Classroom are both instructor led – Virtual Classroom tunes in to a live classroom event, so there will be a few learners attending in person as well. Virtual learning is entirely virtual and usually delivered from the trainer’s home or office.
(Total learning is Combining digital and live learning) DIGITAL: Essential Learning- Learners attend a short kick off session Self-paced digital content 2-4 weeks before the live event. LIVE: Live event lasting 1-3 days- Live virtual classroom, instructor led. APPLY: Pass exams and put learning into practice at work. For certified courses there’ll be a specific focus to pass the exam, with exam tips and feedback on mock tests.
Not all courses have this option for Total Learning.
Please note not all courses require pre-coursework.
Up to three weeks before the start of the course pre-coursework and joining instructions will be sent to you by the training provider via email.
Virtual Delivery course information
All information to access your virtual delivery course is sent 24 hrs prior to the course starting.
The course will be split into multiple sessions, with short breaks in between so you can stay focused and refreshed. Throughout the course, the learning professional will use a WebEx platform to share their screen and interact. You can ask the learning professional a question at any time, either by simply speaking through your microphone or by using the interactive features, depending on best practice set by the trainer at the start of the training.
Majority of the virtual courses use WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website. Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
- You’ll need an internet-connected computer or laptop and a headset with a mic enabling you to interact with the classroom; a USB headset is recommended.
- For our technical courses and courses with remote labs, an additional screen is required. Information on the required screen size is provided within the course pre-requisites on the training providers website.
- For courses with digital courseware we recommend having an additional monitor to view the materials. This can be the additional monitor or an iPad/tablet.
Courses including exams
- All virtual delivery courses that include exams on the course, will be proctored virtually with you sitting in front of a camera and being monitored by an examiner.
- If an exam is included as part of the course, details can be found within the course outline on the Training Provider website we are currently with. Various courses differ.
Courses providing an exam voucher
There are different procedures depending on the course type:
- For public-scheduled course bookings with a BCS exam, information regarding exam registration is sent to attendees as part of their joining instructions, two weeks prior to the course start date.
- For public-scheduled course bookings with an APM or APMG exam, the training provider will register attendees automatically.
- For those undertaking an e-Learning course, the training provider will provide log-in information and examination details within one week of the order being confirmed.
- For those undertaking a virtual delivery course, the exams are booked via ProctorU and delivered online at the end of the course
Courses that do not provide an exam
- If the course you are attending do not include exam/s please register and directly book yourself with the exam provider once you have taken your training. You may be advised by your trainer how you do this once your training has finished. Some exam provider examples below:
- Pearson Vue
- People Cert
- APMG International
Personal Devises are advised
It has been brought to our attention some delegates are unable to install certain software onto their device due to using their ‘work’ device. i.e. People Cert Exam Shield.
PLEASE NOTE: this could happen for any other exam providers that we are unaware of.
Please be aware if you are using a ‘work’ device for virtual training there maybe restrictions/firewalls in place blocking certain downloads or websites.
Unfortunately, this is something IT Training cannot resolve. Please contact your IT department about permitting any websites or downloads and if they can lift any restrictions on your ‘work’ device for you to proceed the install. Nottingham City Council Training cannot be held responsible if this cannot be resolved on a ‘work’ device.
We do advise for you to use a personal device if possible.
Device Compatibility Checks
Customer Self-Test Instructions
- Open a web page on the PC that you will use for your training and go to https://www.gotomypc.com/members/login.tmpl
- Sign in as email@example.com with a password as &uR3L~aj
- Note: if you get the password wrong and the account shows as being locked, please do not keep retrying. You do need to wait 5 mins as requested otherwise the lock out will be extended.
- Please do not try and rename any of the links in the session.
- Please do not select the “ADD This Computer” button
- Please do not try and change any of the GoToMyPC account settings
- You will see 12 test links shown as Self-Test 01 – 12
- Please select any of the links that does not show as being “In Session”
- Click CONNECT
- Once the window opens, sign in with an access code as connectiontest99 – You will now see a Windows Desktop which confirms you have successfully tested your connection. Please right click the Windows Start button, select Shut Down/Sign Out and then sign out
- Close any remaining GoToMYPC windows
People Cert Exam Shield
(to only be installed if you are opting for a course that will be using the PeopleCert Exam Provider) Certifications such as, PRINCE2, MSP, ITIL, M_o_R, or any other certification that use the exam provider People Cert here: PeopleCert
To download the free Exam Shield software: ExamShield – Microsoft Store Applications
Please make sure you have tested your microphone and webcam before your course commences. If you are having any issues with your device i.e. microphone or webcam please make your trainer aware you are having these issues as they may be able to assist you as it could just be adjusting a certain setting on your laptop.
We regrettably are not experts in IT engineering, if you are using a ‘work’ device please raise this with your IT department.
All dependent on the issue raised we can possibly look into the problem you maybe having and send you any related trouble shooting information.
Webinars and Events
Free Webinars and events please find more information from the below:
Webinar Library here
Events & Webinars here