Course: BCS Professional Certificate in Data Analysis
Course Code: PCDA
What’s Included: Exam
Duration: 2 Days
Course Delivery: Virtual Delivery Only
Date availability: Please contact us on what dates are available at email@example.com
Price: Please view here our Training course Summary list for pricing
What is BCS Professional Certificate in Data Analysis? (PCDA)
This course is intended to enable business analysts to define data requirements with detailed understanding of what is required and a rigorous approach.
The course will provide business analysts with knowledge and understanding of data analysis activities and techniques designed to elicit and analyse data requirements and inherent business rules and how to define the structure of the data to meet business needs.
This certification is relevant for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of data analysis and techniques that maybe be applied when analysing business data. It is likely to be of benefit to business analysts, systems analysts and technical architects and solution architects. Project managers working on data-oriented projects may also find it a useful certification.
Note that if you are intending to work towards the BCS Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis then you must already have the International Diploma in Business Analysis.
- It is recommended that delegates should have completed, or have knowledge to the level of, the BCS International Business Analysis Diploma or the BCS Solutions Development Diploma, before attempting this course
- This 2-day specialist course leads to the BCS Professional Certificate in Data Analysis.
- An understanding of projects would be useful but is not essential.
What will I learn?
Data analysis for business analysts
- The context of data and importance to the organisation
- Application of data analysis
- Data analysis and business analysis
Principles of data analysis
- The rationale for modelling data
- Techniques for data analysis : Entity relationship modelling, Class diagrams, Data normalisation
- Grouping data through entities and classes
- Values of data (attributes)
- Relationships/associations between data items
- Business rules governing data relationships (multiplicity etc.)
Normalisation of data
- Rules for reaching third normal form
- Drawing models using third normal form
- Identifying keys
Validating the data model
- Cross referencing
- Data navigation paths
BCS are offering remotely proctored online exams for all candidates. Once registered you will receive a confirmation email directly from the BCS. This email will reference a provisional exam location, date and time and should not be mistaken for a confirmed session.
You will receive a further email from Questionmark (within 48 hours). It is at this stage that you will be provided access to the live calendar to enable you to schedule your exam session.
Any issues please contact exam provider BCS directly.
How to book on this training?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and the email address of the person wanting to take the training and we will provisionally hold the space for you. As soon as we receive your method of payment, we will fully confirm your space.