Course: BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles
Course Code: CISMP
What’s Included: Online Exam Voucher
Duration: 5 Days
Course Delivery: Virtual Delivery Only
Date availability: Please contact us on what dates are available for this course at email@example.com
Price: Please view here our Training Course summary list for pricing.
What is BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP)?
This qualification provides delegates with detailed knowledge of the concepts relating to information security; (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks and countermeasures), along with an understanding of current legislation and regulations which impact information security management. Award holders will be able to apply the practical principles covered throughout the course ensuring normal business processes become robust and more secure.
Although perceived as an IT issue, Information Security is in fact a subject relevant to all business units. The CiSMP program is ideal for members of information security management teams, IT Managers, security and systems managers, Information asset owners and employees with legal compliance responsibilities.
The course will act as a stepping stone to more advanced qualifications (either managerial or technical), and also sits nicely with existing project management and service management based programs.
What will I learn?
- The need for Information Security
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts & definitions
- Information risk management
- Corporate governance
- Organisational responsibilities
- Policies, standards & procedures
- ISO/IEC 27002, 27001 & 13335
- Information security controls
- Incident management
- Legal framework – personal data, DPA, CMA, IPR & copyright, HR & employment issues
- Cryptographic models
- Data Communications & networks
- Physical security
- Auditing & gap analysis
- Training & raising awareness
- Business continuity
- Security investigations & forensics
- The course follows the latest BCS syllabus and prepares delegates for the 2 hour multiple choice BCS examination
How to book on this training?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and the email address of the person wanting to take the training and we will provisionally hold the space for you. As soon as we receive your method of payment, we will fully confirm your space.