What is VMWAre vSphere: Install, Configure Manage? (VMWAREICM7)
This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 7 and VMware vCenter Server® 7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size.
This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Install and configure VMware ESXi™ hosts
- Deploy and configure VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
- Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
- Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
- Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Use the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a content library and deploy virtual machines from templates in the library
- Manage virtual machine resource use
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™
- Discuss solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and virtual machines
When booking this course with us, you will receive:
In order to facilitate your VMware e-courseware provision your name and email address (that which we have registered for you on our business systems) will be shared with VMware. VMware will then send you directly the details of your e-courseware access no less than 48 hours before your course is due to take place. VMware will not use these details for any other purpose than provisioning you with your e-courseware.
Please note that these details are held by VMware outside of the EU. If you have an existing VMware MyLearn account it is imperative that you notify us of the email address you have registered to this account.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
You will need to register yourself with VMWare and have attended training before scheduling an exam.
Any additional info on how to schedule & book your exam please visit the VMWare website here
Pearson Vue info on VMWare is here
Where can I learn?
Our training centre is located at Top Valley in Nottingham, East Midlands but you are welcome to attend the training remotely, from the comfort of your home.
How to book on this training?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and the email address of the person wanting to take the training and we will provisionally hold the space for you. As soon as we receive your method of payment, we will fully confirm your space.